Rise 'n Shine Blog
For the Ballad of the Kijabe Spinsters contact the writer Joyce Scott at 0784040707
Helga's Top Ten Tips on getting over Easter eating...
1. Get back into a normal routine as soon as possible.
2. Drink 8 glasses of water a day to try flush out your system.
3. Cut out excessive sugar.
4. Return to a healthy eating plan.
5. Make sure your diet is high in fibre.
6. If you get a sugar craving, eat some grapes or other fruit.
7. Jump start your metabolism after 4 days of rest by getting active and focussing on what's healthy.
8. Increase your exercise for the next few days.
9. Go for a run or fast walk - take a bike ride or take an aerobics class.
10. For 7 days go overboard in the exercise and healthy eating department - at the end of it you'll feel normal again.
Helga's TTT for helping someone through chemo (with help from Valerie Gail)
1. When their hair starts falling out, don't say ït's only hair!"
2. Also don't say "be brave"or "keep smiling!" Those are no nos!
3. Do say "Can I have tea with you?" or "can I bring you a meal?"
4. Don't say "how can I help you", rather offer something specific like "can I take you to the hospital?"
5. Create a diversion, have him/her over for a meal or to a movie.
6. Share your own needs.
7. Call or pop in every few days.
8. Don't only SMS or send a Facebook message asking how they are.
9. Rather call and hear their voice and let them hear yours.
10. You may be tempted to pat or rub the top of their hairless head, but DON'T do it. Ask for permission first!
Top Ten Tips for making the most of your gym
1. Get an evaluation before beginning so you can get a moderate workout plan to follow.
2. Start slowly - too fast a start could cause an injury.
3. If you don't know what to do, ask someone.
4. If the workout plan gets boring, ask the trainer to change it.
5. Have an evaluation once every couple of months to see how you are progressing.
6. Don't workout every day - have a rest day inbetween.
7. If the music annoys you take earplugs or your i-pod.
8. On overcast windless days, dump the gym and head for the outdoors, walking, running or cycling.
9. Train with a friend.
10. Be accountable - make a decision to start exercising and keep to it.
Top Ten Tips from Psalm 103
1. God forgives all our sins.
2. God heals our disease.
3. God satisfies us with good things.
4. The Lord is compassionate and gracious.
5. He is slow in anger and abounding in love.
6. He does not treat us as our sins deserve.
7. The Lord's love is with those who fear Him.
8. The Lord has established His throne in heaven.
9. His kingdom reigns overall.
10.As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
Helga's Top Ten Tips for a meaningful Easter.
1. Start early in the week & plan to read John chapters 13 to 18 by Thursday.
2. Write down "Serve each other, humble yourself & love one another"and put it on the fridge.
3. Throughout the week think about how you can serve others.
4. Make gourmet sandwiches and go for a drive dishing them out to hungry looking bystanders.
5. Offer to do a menial task for someone.
6. Have a special dinner on Thursday evening and wash the family's feet.
7. On Friday morning read John 19 and go to church.
8. On Friday evening watch the Passion of the Christ.
9. On Saturday have a family day & read John 20.
10. On Sunday rise early and go to the sunrise service at St. James Beach at 6-30am.
Top Ten Tips on places to visit in Cape Town.
1. Table Mountain.
2. Robben Island
3. The penguin colony at Boulders Beach.
4. Cape Point
6. The Castle
7. Green Market Square.
8. Two Oceans Aquarium.
9. The Planetarium
10. Any of Cape Town's amazing beaches.
Top Ten Tips for keeping the right perspective.
1. It's not all about you - think of others before yourself.
2. Remain humble - the Bible says "be completely humble and gentle, be patient bearing with one another in love".
3. Giving is better than receiving.
4. Kindness is the better way.
5. Attitude determines the outcome - a good attitude = a good outcome.
6. God has a plan for your life.
7. This life is not all there is - we are only passing through.
8. The best is yet to come.
9. God is always in control.
10. Nothing is going to happen to you today without the Lord's permission, His presence and His purpose.
Top Ten Tips For Why Jesus Came:
1. Jesus came to die for our sins (Matthew 20:19)
2. Jesus came to bring light to the world (John 1:9)
3. Jesus came so we could be children of God (John 1:13)
4. Jesus came to bring grace & truth (John 1:17)
5. Jesus came to take away the sin of the world (John 1:29)
6. Jesus came to baptise with the Holy Spirit (John 1:33)
7. Jesus came to do great things (John 1:50)
8. Jesus came to bring us eternal life (John 3:16)
9. Jesus came to save the world (John 3:17)
10. Jesus came to change lives (John 4)
TOP TEN TIPS WEEK OF 22nd MARCH
Top Ten Tips for avoiding divorce
1. Keep the Lord Jesus Christ at the centre of your relationship.
2. Both agree divorce will not be an option.
3. Work hard towards being a sevant to one another.
4. Spend time getting to know each other better and better.
5. Be completely transparent - don't hide anything from each other.
6. Celebrate special occasions in special ways.
7. Don't criticise your spouse.
8. A gentle answer turns away wrath.
9. Compliment each other often.
10.Keep your spouse your top priority.
Top Ten Tips for working with difficult people
1. Identify problem people - be aware of them.
2. Be pleasant.
3. Look beyond the person to the issue.
4. Don't gossip or complain about the person.
5. Think before you speak.
6. Try and be understanding.
7. Pick your battles.
8. If you do confront a difficult person, don't do it in public.
9. Don't sink to their level and treat them as they treat others.
10. Pray for the person.
Ten Top Tips for Facebook Safety
1. Parents do you know that children under the age of 13 are not permitted access on Facebook?
2. Children older than 13 should have supervised Facebook access.
3. Facebook has a reporting infrastructure - report inappropriate or offensive content.
4. Never share your password with anyone.
5. Know how to adjust your privacy settings and review them from time to time.
6. Don't share personal information that could locate your home address or telephone number.
7. Block and report anyone that sends you unwanted messages.
8. Don't believe all you read on Facebook.
9. Talk to your children about dangers they may encounter.
10. Install monitoring software if you are concerned about what your children are doing online.
1. Get a rubbish bag and hold it in your left hand.
MIKÉ'S TTT for cleaning up a room.
2. Start in one corner of the room.
3. Pick up everything that needs to be sorted and throw to the areas of the room it's got to be stored.
4. Examples: Stray socks get thrown towards the cupboard. Dirty clothes to the laundry bin, paper towards the files.
5. The faster you work the more motivated you become.
6. Don't throw stuff if it's breakable.
7. Sort through the stuff that stays in the corner you are working, putting rubbish in the bag.
8. Move from one part of the room to the next,
9. Do not move until you have finished the area you are working in.
10. Don't throw away something your wife wants to keep!
1. Get a rubbish bag and hold it in your left hand.
Showing 1 - 5 of 10 Articles < Previous 12 Next >